Develop young people for the challenges and opportunities of life through the game of soccer.
At United PDX we are committed to providing every player with an opportunity to succeed in their soccer pursuits. We strive to create an environment that fits every player’s long-term development needs. Our goal is to develop players with a lifelong love, understanding, passion and appreciation for the game of soccer. We do this by fielding Recreational, Development and Competitive Programs with the intention to be a full service soccer club. We recognize that every family will have different ambitions when it comes to soccer. Some players may see soccer as their college destination and others, as a means to stay active. Whether, these directions are goaled towards being an elite athlete or a part-time soccer player, United PDX is committed to support the aspirations of the Portland soccer community.
United PDX staff / coaches come from a variety of playing and coaching backgrounds, whether collegiately, professionally or internationally. Our coaches are able to identify the specific needs of each individual player, to create training environments that are challenging, rewarding, and most importantly, inspiring.
Our staff of professional coaches and directors is committed to having a positive impact on our youth by guiding players through the adversities they face learning the technical, tactical, physical, and psychological aspects of the game. To harbor a life-long love for the game and help prepare our players for their careers, be it in soccer or not, we empower them to learn valuable life skills in leadership and time management, the ability to overcome adversity, and the value of having a strong work ethic that will help them throughout their lives.
Our staff is a team of educated coaches who strive to be leaders in soccer education. We focus on fostering a player-centric environment for players to develop and grow in the sport. The club provides opportunities for all players at various levels: Recreational, Competitive, and High Performance.
What we provide
- Use the game of soccer to teach valuable life lessons: dealing with adversity, teamwork, discipline, sportsmanship, and a dedication to development.
- Create an atmosphere of development while not jumping into the “Youth Sports Race to Nowhere.”
- Allow players to participate in other activities without fear of repercussion.
- Help players grow in a healthy manner: mentally, physically and socially.
- Provide an environment where players and teams are allowed to be creative without fear of mistakes.
- Develop excellent coaching through mentorship, formal education, and ongoing professional development.